On self-organizing

Esther Ewing EwingChange at aol.com
Tue Feb 15 02:56:45 PST 2005

Masud:
I would say that what happens on TV and the behind-the-scenes  interactions
of people producing the shows is evidence of a system in action.

And entertainment like television comedies or drama or even live  theatre
draws us in, for a short while, to a different system - it allows  our mind to
play and participate in a fantasy of a different  system.

And television news broadcasts are part of a larger societal system  which
broadcasts a view of what is happening in other places and the system of
hearing the news, reacting to it, and perhaps even voting in certain ways  because
of it is part of what we have come to regard as evidence of freedom...  another
kind of system.

So I would hesitate to categorize TV or other media as a non-living  system.

Esther

Hi  Ralph,
Perhaps I understand what you are saying, but am not sure, so let me  ask a
question. Is there need to differentiate between a TV and a human?  They
are both systems, and I categorize TV as a 'non-living'  system.

Take care
Masud

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 08:39:03 -0500,  Ralph Copleman <rcopleman at comcast.net>
wrote:

>My vote goes  to:
>
>All systems are self-organizing,  and...
>
>There is no such thing as a non-living  system.
>
>Ralph  Copleman

To  learn about OpenSpaceEmailLists and OSLIST  FAQs:
http://www.openspaceworld.org/oslist

Esther Ewing
The Change Alliance
330 East 38th St., Suite  53K
New York, NY 10016, USA
Telephone: 212-661-6024, Fax:  866-296-6712

Assisting organizations to build capability
_www.changealliance.com_ (http://www.changealliance.com/)
Certified Panoramic Feedback Distributor (360  instrument)
_www.panoramicfeedback.com_ (http://www.panoramicfeedback.com/)
Certified Kolbe Distributor: _www.kolbe.com_ (http://www.kolbe.com/)