worldwide drumming - and bells?

Lucas Gonzalez lgs0a at yahoo.es
Mon Feb 14 01:22:18 PST 2005

btw - Franz Nahrada is behind a "global villages" initiatives, which is
a very practical initiative to have human settlements that are truly
human, where carrots don't have to travel 2,000 km to get to our table,
but where information (and communication etc) can travel to where it's
needed.
http://www.globalvillages.info

I wrote a summary, to the best of my understanding, at the wiki:
http://www.globalvillages.info/index.php/GlobalVillages/OpenSpace

is an extremely good summary to share, too.

It sounds like a "wake up and smell the coffee" thing to me, but I must
confess I have that feeling frequently, so the feeling is probably
quite useless as a discrimination sensor. :)

Lucas

 --- Lucas Gonzalez <lgs0a at yahoo.es> escribió:
> Hi all!
>
> I've just seen an interesting invitation at
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/minciu_sodas_en/message/4974
> which I feel may be of interest to some in this group.
>
> >March 19 2005 - one hour of simultaneous drumming around the world
> >http://www.oneworldbeat.org/owb2005/
>
> >Los Angeles Sat 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM
> >Chicago Sat 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
> >New York Sat 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM
> >Toronto Sat 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM
> >Rio de Janeiro Sat 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM
> >London Sat 10:00 PM to 11:00 PM
> >Amsterdam Sat 11:00 PM to Midnight
> >Geneva Sat 11:00 PM to Midnight
> >Paris Sat 11:00 PM to Midnight
> >Johannesburg Sun Midnight to 1:00 AM
> >Bangkok Sun 5:00 AM to 6:00 AM
> >Tokyo Sun 7:00 AM to 8:00 AM
> >Sydney Sun 9:00 AM to 10:00 AM
>
> From what I've read, OST is usually quieter - bells and flutes.
> Anyone
> used drums?
>
> Franz Nahrada writes (see above linked message)
> >We here in Vienna were doing the simultaneous ringing of the
> >peace bells in Vienna and New York on March 20/21 since 1996, hoping
> >that there will be one resonating accord around the world just like
> >you do with the drums.
>
> So maybe bells have more to do with peace and drums with ...
> selforganised fun?
>
> Franz also writes
> >We will also have an initiative for an Online Conference around
> >Earth Day similar to Global learn day but with OpenSpace approach
> >and managed by Eric Schneider, Berlin.
>
> I guess a simultaneous OS doesn't make sense, since things are
> simultaneous anyway.  Meaning - what do you think?
>
> Lucas

Nuevos servicios, más seguridad
http://correo.yahoo.es