worldwide drumming - and bells?

Lucas Gonzalez lgs0a at yahoo.es
Mon Feb 14 01:03:14 PST 2005

Hi all!

I've just seen an interesting invitation at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/minciu_sodas_en/message/4974
which I feel may be of interest to some in this group.

>March 19 2005 - one hour of simultaneous drumming around the world
>http://www.oneworldbeat.org/owb2005/

>Los Angeles Sat 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM
>Chicago Sat 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM
>New York Sat 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM
>Toronto Sat 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM
>Rio de Janeiro Sat 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM
>London Sat 10:00 PM to 11:00 PM
>Amsterdam Sat 11:00 PM to Midnight
>Geneva Sat 11:00 PM to Midnight
>Paris Sat 11:00 PM to Midnight
>Johannesburg Sun Midnight to 1:00 AM
>Bangkok Sun 5:00 AM to 6:00 AM
>Tokyo Sun 7:00 AM to 8:00 AM
>Sydney Sun 9:00 AM to 10:00 AM

>From what I've read, OST is usually quieter - bells and flutes.  Anyone
used drums?

Franz Nahrada writes (see above linked message)
>We here in Vienna were doing the simultaneous ringing of the
>peace bells in Vienna and New York on March 20/21 since 1996, hoping
>that there will be one resonating accord around the world just like
>you do with the drums.

So maybe bells have more to do with peace and drums with ...
selforganised fun?

Franz also writes
>We will also have an initiative for an Online Conference around
>Earth Day similar to Global learn day but with OpenSpace approach
>and managed by Eric Schneider, Berlin.

I guess a simultaneous OS doesn't make sense, since things are
simultaneous anyway.  Meaning - what do you think?

Lucas

Nuevos servicios, más seguridad
http://correo.yahoo.es