Survival of the Cooperative

Esther Ewing EwingChange at aol.com
Thu Feb 10 15:21:16 PST 2005

Judy:
I mentioned that others may disagree  because you suggested  that others
wanted you to shut up. That's not true.

Agneta expressed her hurt. In my opinion, it sounded like you  didn't
understand her hurt that she couldn't disagree with the US's stance  or position in
Iraq without being strongly criticised by you.

She even suggested that "she might be wrong". But you chose to say  that you
were being shut down and that the space wasn't open. I don't think for  a
minute that it was Agneta's intention to do that to you.

Best regards
Esther

I most certainly do not think that  I (nor the US) is always right.  I don't
believe that debates should take  a right/wrong side.  I simply did not
understand the thinking that was  posted and I truly wanted to better understand.
I'm not sure why you all  keep telling me that others may disagree.  I know
that and I completely  accept it and want others to state if they disagree.  If I
didn't feel  that way, I wouldn't even be reading this list.

But......I didn't expect someone to  make me feel as if my opinion didn't
matter.  I think that when someone  says "we should refrain from verbal tricks"
(tricks......what tricks?), that's  saying you shouldn't have said what you
did.  I don't see any other way  than to take that as "my opinion shouldn't have
been  expressed"...

Thanks for your  apology.
Judy