violence

Brendan McKeague mckeague at iprimus.com.au
Wed Feb 9 18:31:37 PST 2005

Hi Carol - I've been involved in working with 'nonviolence' for a few years
now - and, surprise, surprise -  I believe that Open Space is probably the
most nonviolent process I know.

Should you wish to have some stories about the power of nonviolence have a
look at the following websites, the first of which links you into the
excellent and inspirational work of the Global Nonviolent Peaceforce - a
veritable army of nonviolent practitioners ('soldiers') who will take
themselves to where they are invited as 'peace-makers' (as distinct from
'peace-keepers')

http://www.nonviolentpeaceforce.org/default.html

http://www.peacemakersguide.org/?source=bruderhofupdate
http://www.aforcemorepowerful.org/
http://www.cnvc.org/
http://www.overcomingviolence.org/

Great dream - great place to begin - creating the culture where the very
thought of dealing with our differences by killing (mostly) the women and
children of our 'enemies' becomes abhorrent.....I'm dreaming of a
three-five generational paradigm shift that has already commenced - indeed,
has been in evolution for some time now...and for me that is an essential
starting point - this is not a problem to be solved in the next few
months/years by my/our efforts alone - rather a journey in (nonviolent)
contentment and peace, knowing that I can contribute somehow without
needing to see 'success' in my lifetime....

Cheers
Brendan