Open Space & Anti-Americanism

Alan Klein alan at klein.net
Sun Feb 6 05:18:16 PST 2005

Interestingly, the original quote came from U.S. Senator Carl Schurz who, on
February 29, 1872, made the following remark on the floor of the Senate:

"..My country; and my country is the great American Republic. My country,
right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right."
(The Congressional Globe, vol. 45, p. 1287)

No one seems to ever think to quote the whole thing. Not in this war...not
during the Vietnam War. I wonder why?

~Alan Klein