Language and Self-Organizing Systems

Gilbert Brenson-Lazan gbl at amauta.org
Fri Feb 18 07:00:15 PST 2005

Hello,all.

Great thread!!!

All I can add is that many years of OS and other facilitating experiences
in different countries, cultures and languages have convinced me of the
wisdom and usefulness of the models of Radical Constructivism and the words
(in a 1996 workshop) of Heinz Von Foerster:  "Reality (and probably
self-organizing systems) is created, maintained and changed
linguistically."   Especially when added to the well-known maxim of of
Ludwig Wittgenstein: "The limits of a persons language are the limits of
his/her world".

I am absolutely convinced of very few things, but one of them is that how
we say what we say (linguistic construction) in the beginning stages of
opening a space and how we construct the questions we ask, is equally or
even more important than what we say.

At 02:00 a.m. 18/02/2005, you wrote:
>There are 12 messages totalling 1045 lines in this issue.

Dr. Gilbert Brenson-Lazán - Executive President
AMAUTA INTERNATIONAL, LLC
Bogotá, Colombia - West Hartford, CT, USA
E-Mail: <<mailto:gbl at amauta.org>gbl at amauta.org>  Website:
<<http://amauta.org/>http://amauta.org>
We optimize the effectiveness of those who facilitate, lead and manage
processes
of sustainable cultural transformation in organizations and communities.