Training Programs

Michael Herman mjherman at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 08:04:11 PST 2005

as chris has already mentioned, we've done this tidy little 2-day
training for several years now.  we've also had times when we crashed
it to one day or a half day, sometimes because we only had one day,
and sometimes because we had to translate everything into hindi!   i
wouldn't hesitate to run it in a series of 3-4-5 evenings.

the complete outline for this is halfway down teh list of resources
links at http://www.globalchicago.net/ost ...i'd be glad to talk with
anyone about how to adapt that to the time they have to work with.

also, as many have wanted to come to 2-day workshops, but havent' had
the right days free, i've started offering 5 hours of coacing for the
same price as the workshop.  i find that the trade off is that they
lose the discussins with peers in workshop setting, but these are
replaced by discussions with their client or self or other sponsor
about a real event.  the only prerequisite for working in this way is
that they have a real situation in which they are committed to using
ost.  i'm not interested in talking through so many hypotheticals,
which is what workshops can turn into.  as chris says, it wants to be
lived.

btw, the practice guide book is also downloadable from the address
above.  if anyone invited a small group to do nothing except get
together for some chunk(s) of time with the user's guide, this
practice guide, and a list of potential spaces/purposes to open, that
would work wonders, i'm sure.

having done a bunch of these workshops around the world, i will add
that they thing i'm most pleased with is that most all of my partners
in these workshops walked away from them sure that they could do it
(the training/practice workshop) again without me.  i think that all
of them have, and each of them in his/her own way, which is great.

my bottom line on who is qualified to train ost...  we already say
that anybody with a good head and a good heart can do open space.  to
this i'd add that anybody with a good head adn heart, AND a few good
os stories of their own, can mix them in with the rest of our stories
and "teach" open space to others.

On Mon
--
Michael Herman
Michael Herman Associates

Small Change News Network
http://www.smallchangenews.org
...linking active givers and gifted activists to make a bigger difference