SV: OS Institutes

Thomas Herrmann thomas at openspaceconsulting.com
Fri Dec 30 11:25:16 PST 2005

T-Online eMailDear Marei
Thanks for asking - what does an OS Institute actually do.

The Swedish OS-institute was founded the 24th of November 2001 when we had a
gathering of Swedish collegues and our friend Koos from Holland!
The purpose of OSI-S is to develop and spread knowledge about Open Space
Technology and to work for mutual support and learning between
OS-facilitators in Sweden and in the world.
We have a board where I was the chairman for 2,5 years, now our friend
Agneta Setterwall has taken that role.
So far the Institute has arranged one Scandinavian OSonOS two Swedish online
OSonOS´s and co-sponsored the International OSonOS XI. And we have had
annual meetings of the board, often during or after the yearly Scandinavian
OSonOS.

There are also local groups meeting regularily in south Sweden, west-Sweden
and Uppsala which are not "formally" meetings of OSI-S but which are
initiatives by members of OSI-S. But then - we are not very formal...

We also started a smartgroups forum where there are about 40 people
connected. It was transformed to an Scandinavian forum a couple of years
ago. Not very active but a good way to get in touch with likeminded in
Scandinavia. www.smartgroups.com/groups/sosif

Before the International OSonOS we opened an account which has been helpful
when arranging events. Otherwise I don´t think we are using the potential
that working closer together could offer...but whenever that happens will be
the right time.

I would love to hear how other OSI´s work.
Warmest regards
Thomas Herrmann