OST with less than 25 words

Erich Kolenaty erich.kolenaty at utanet.at
Tue Dec 20 02:47:32 PST 2005

Here comes the pile in the reziprok order of approaching. I apologize, if
I've missed one
Erich from lovely Vienna

...and if you/anybody cares enough about this thread to gather up the
little 25-word quotes into on small pile, i would post, or you/i could
post them in the osw weblog in the 'what is ost' category.

michael

self-organization - discovery - laughter - productivity - co-creation -
understanding - action - witnessing - achievement - reflection -
celebration

once you've tasted how Open Space unleashes creativity and productivity,
it will be hard to fit back into the shape of those other meetings

if you've tried open space you know that meetings can be productive,
creative, energizing and worth your time.

why sit and listen in conferences when you can tap into the knowledge
and wisdom of everybody there and feel engaged the whole time?

it's time to have meetings and conferences where work gets done
creatively, emergent issues are named, resources are shared and the work
really matters.

a co-created agenda, conversations that matter, work that uses the
energy and wisdom of each individual: a celebration of what people can
do - together

People self-organize according to their interests, co-create solutions
and appreciate across differences -- taking care of themselves and each
other and getting great things done.(all Lisa Heft)

OS adds nothing but simply uncovers what is present.
It is a new, deeper awareness of what we already are: naturally occuring
self-organizing systems (Harrison Owen)

Open Space Technology ...is a simple way to run productive meetings, with
five to 2000+
people, and a powerful way to lead any kind of organization, in
everyday practice and ongoing change. (Michael Herman)

Open space ... the serendipitous intersection of unleashed minds, hearts,
eyes, ears, hands, and feet.(Jack Ricchiuto)

Open space is a lot like tofu, which can be used in countless ways
because it readily absorbs the flavors and spices of anything. (Tree
Fitzpatrick)

Onion Skin Technology...peel back the layers and it makes you cry...but cook
it up and it gets sweet and juicy. (Chris Corrigan)

Open Space combines the rigor of a great board meeting with the energy of
conversation around a coffee pot. (John Rapp)

Open Space enables groups of any size to organize themselves to deal with
complex, important issues and accomplish something meaningful by inviting
people to take repsonsibility for what they love. (Peggy Holman)

Do you yearn to be in conversations about questions that matter where you
feel alive, inspired, connected, surprised, engaged, empowered, responsible
and open to possibility. Well, that's what happens in open space. (Alan
Steward)

If it's markets, it's markets, if it's activists I talk about getting people
to work on stuff that really matters.  If it's business people it's
"creating and immediately implementing high performance work teams."  If
it's religious people it's "harnessing the power of Spirit to bring
meaningful work to our community."  If it's community building we're all
about "discerning what's most important and taking responsibility for
it."(Chris Corrigan)

Open Space Technology is a surprisingly simple high performance system,
binding passion with responsibility.. (Mikk Sarv & Eric Lilius)