what's in a word?

Diane Brandon diane.brandon at comcast.net
Wed Dec 7 20:09:05 PST 2005

The wind facilitates seeds blowing to new places, and the water
facilitates the passage of boats, and the boatbuilder facilitates the
creation of boats. Each has a way of organizing - of bring patterns to
bear on circumstances at a given time. We each have radiant patterns,
energy patterns, that we carry with us, some unconscious, some
conscious. If you feel in harmony with OS, and consciously bring that
pattern to a certain place at a certain time, that's very natural. It's
a service. Some people feel harmonious at a lecture, as speaker or
listener. That's good too. I've enjoyed (and at other times, not
enjoyed) organic, participatory gatherings, and traditional
lectures/conferences, etc.

I can feel when my ego is caught up in "knowing" a pattern (process,
way of organizing) and bringing it to others, and when my ego is
relaxed and out of the way. In flow, or forcing things; letting power
run through me and knowing it runs through everyone, or wanting to have
power, more power than others. Centered, uncentered. I think being
uncentered  comes from fear - from times when others had power over me,
and hurt me, and now I want to be able to have power over. It's an
illusion, but not easy to give up. If I trust (universal good, God,
Allah, higher power, whatever name), then I can relax.

All to try to say that there have been "facilitators" for billions of
years, so have fun facilitating!

Diane