What's in a word (was: OS newbie here)

Erich Kolenaty erich.kolenaty at utanet.at
Wed Dec 7 02:56:04 PST 2005

Hi Ester,

Michael explained it in his previous mail. See below
Erich
  I have forgotten the specific meaning of begleiten. Can you help me?
  Sent wirelessly via BlackBerry from T-Mobile.

  Esther EwingThe Change Alliance330 East 38th St. Suite 53KNew York, NY
10016, USA212-661-6024

  Original Message ----- From: Michael M
    Pannwitz: <mailto:mmpanne at boscop.de>  To:
OSLIST at LISTSERV.BOISESTATE.EDU: <mailto:OSLIST at LISTSERV.BOISESTATE.EDU

  .The word that is now widely used by os-workers here to describe holding
time and space is "begleiten" which means as much as "accompanying" or
"going along with you" or "walking with you on the same path". It is
different enough from the commonly used "moderieren" to give a hint to the
difference.Another detail in this scheme is to me to point out that the
"Begleiter" focuses one holding time and space (which I know when I see it
but can describe it) while the sponsor opens the space.There have been
voices on this listserve about the terminology and what words are being used
in different languages. I would love to hear more about this.Greetings from
Berlinmmp