New York City OS evening (Stammtisch)

Laurence Berg lberg at AFSC.ORG
Fri Dec 30 09:56:16 PST 2005

Hello All,

If you are (have been or will be) in the New York area, you may be aware
that some folks are trying to get a regular gathering going of people
interested in OS.  Following the 'Stammtisch' approach suggested by our
German colleagues that is in use all over the OS world, we have been
meeting on the first Monday of each odd month.  September was the first
and November was the second.  Each time, the four principles and the one
law were in full force.

I am, for the moment, something of an organizer of this, but it's all very
new to me.  For example, I'm not sure if Stammtischers stick to the
schedule when it lands on holidays, etc. such as it would this time on Jan
2.

I would love to hear from others who are thinking of attending in NYC (as
well as anyone who isn't, of course).

As for location, we still don't have 'our place' yet.  The ideal would be
a bar/cafe with room for a small crowd and where we could hear each
other.  Barring that, I'm thinking about some indoor public spaces on the
Upper West Side.  Suggestions are welcome!

-Laurence