Hidden Mails on the list

Allison & Jim Baensch mbody at iinet.net.au
Wed Dec 21 13:05:15 PST 2005

Hi All,
What I notice on this and the Maremma Sheepdog list is that posts
sometimes arrive out of order.
I quite often have the list members' answers for more than a day
before the question arrives.

Perhaps the Email Elves take the questions to a favourite rock
somewhere, to sit and contemplate them.
Then they get called to lunch and leave the question sitting beside
the rock.
I haven't seen them do it but it's the sort of thing I might do as an
elf.
Some of your list questions and comments inspire great wonderment.
And momentary forgetfulness is an official symptom of wonderment.
If it wasn't before it is now - I declare it so.

Perhaps this disjunction of questions happens only on wonderful lists
that employ Email Elves with particular talents?
I reckon that both Maremmas and Open Spacers are capable of much wonder.
Maremmas can often be seen lying near their charges in wonderful,
dreamy contemplation until called to vociferous defensive action.
Open Space Technologists can wonder it too, like when topics are
called for once a space has been opened, or when they've alighted as
butterflies.

Cheery greetings and thanks for some mighty wonderful messages
through this list,
Allison.