Invitation from the OS Insitute of Canada to an OS ONLINE event

Judy Gast jgast at sympatico.ca
Fri Dec 9 10:40:41 PST 2005

Hello all, the Open Space Institute of Canada is planning an OS Online event on February 3rd and encourage anyone who is interested (from anywhere) to register by January 27th.  Please forward accordingly.  I look forward to connecting and learning with others via OS-Online technology!
Regards,
Judy Gast

      Open Space Institute of Canada

      info at openspacecanada.org   www.openspacecanada.org

Giving focus to what we do with Open Space and strengthening our membership

Mark Your Calendar!

The Open Space Institute of Canada (OSIC) invites everyone to an OpenSpace OnlineÒ event on February 3rd,  2006 from 12:00 - 3:30 Eastern Standard Time.  This event will be an opportunity to expand and engage our community, learn what's happening with OS in Canada, and experience the online tool.  Our theme is:

"OST in Canada - 15 years later:

What are we learning and where can we take it?"

Harrison Owen, founder of Open Space Technology (OST) first introduced Open Space Technology to Canadians 15 years ago and 10 years ago the Open Space Institute of Canada was created . From its first introduction to now, OST has gained wide popularity in Canada as an approach to engage participants in finding and implementing solutions to a wide range of issues.

At a recent OSIC meeting, we decided that we wanted to share and learn from each others' experiences of OST using a different approach - OpenSpace - OnlineÒ.  Several members have used this new online meeting format with clients, while others want to experience how it works and to assess its potential.   We invite everyone worldwide who is interested, including Open Space practitioners and clients who have experienced or facilitated OST meetings.  It will be an opportunity both to learn about and share what is happening with Open Space Technology in Canada and to experience OpenSpace - OnlineÒ.

Our theme is to explore Open Space Technology in Canada including:

  a.. What are we learning?
  b.. What has been the impact of that learning for us?
  c.. What is the impact of OST with groups that are using it?
  a.. What is happening regionally to support on going OST learning?
  b.. What are the stories?
  c.. How can OSIC support the future vision for OST in Canada - where can we take it?

What is OpenSpace-OnlineÒ?

It is a text based Internet real-time conference method where between 5 and 75 persons can simultaneously work on a subject important to them. It incorporates the essence and form of a face-to-face OST meeting to the degree possible in a virtual environment. A virtual facilitator guides all the participants through the process of the meeting. At the end of the meeting everyone receives documentation about the meeting in HTML format at the press of a button. You can get further information on the technology by visiting

http://www.OpenSpace-Online.com.

Givens:

·        The event will be a 3.5 hour version of OpenSpace - OnlineÒ with an action-planning component to allow individuals to take responsibility for moving forward with the great ideas that emerge.

·        There will be a complete set of proceedings available online to all participants immediately after the event.

·        OSIC will post this information as a service to members and visitors to the OSIC website. The content will reflect the thoughts of participants and not of those of OSIC, which assumes no responsibility for comments and materials posted.

Investment:

The event fee is $45.00 CDN payable by cheque or via Paypal (credit cards). This fee includes a 2006 membership to the Open Space Institute of Canada. We welcome anyone who wants to receive our newsletters and stay informed of Open Space related events and people in Canada to become members of OSIC. Participants may decline membership by advising us at registration. Of course, we want to include all who are interested, so if this fee presents a hardship please contact Larry Peterson at larry at spiritedorg.com or Diane Gibeault at diane.gibeault at rogers.com to discuss a subsidy.

Registration:

For more information or to register please e-mail Raymonde Lemire at Open Space Institute of Canada info at openspacecanada.org or call her at 613-749-5975. An invoice will be sent to you for payment via Paypal when your registration is received. Cheques are payable to OSIC and mailed to 200-435 St. Laurent Blvd, Ottawa ON K1K 2Z8. Detailed instructions for participating including passwords and technical requirements will be sent upon receipt of payment.

Deadline for Registration:  January 27, 2006.

Please pass this invitation on to anyone who you feel may be interested.

Une invitation à la conférence OPENSPACE-Online®

 commanditée par l'Open Space Institute of Canada

 « Pour mettre en lumière nos utilisations du Forum ouvert et consolider notre effectif. »

Réservez cette date !

L'Open Space Institute of Canada invite toute personne intéressée à un événement « OpenSpace-Online® » le 3 février 2006 de 12h 00 à 15h 30 HNE.  Cette activité représente une occasion d'agrandir et d'impliquer notre communauté, d'apprendre comment le Forum ouvert est utilisé au Canada, et d'expérimenter l'outil en ligne. Notre thème est :

« Le Forum Ouvert au Canada - 15 ans plus tard :

Qu'apprenons-nous et jusque où pouvons-nous l'amener ? »

Il y a 15 ans qu'Harrison Owen, fondateur de l'Open Space Technology (OST) / Forum ouvert (FO),  a initié les Canadiens à cette approche. Il y a dix ans, l'Open Space Institute of Canada (OSIC) été créé. Depuis ses débuts, le Forum ouvert est rapidement devenu populaire au Canada en tant que stratégie pour amener des participants à trouver et mettre en place des solutions à une grande variété d'enjeux.

Lors d'une récente rencontre de l'Open Space Institute of Canada, nous avons décidé que nous voulions partager et apprendre des expériences des un et des autres avec le Forum ouvert en utilisant une approche différente - OpenSpace-Online®.   Plusieurs membres ont utilisé ce nouveau format en ligne avec des clients alors que d'autres veulent l'expérimenter et évaluer son potentiel. Nous invitons tous ceux et celles qui, de partout à travers le monde, sont intéressés incluant des praticiens du Forum ouvert et des clients qui ont expérimenté ou facilité des rencontres  FO. Ce sera une occasion unique d'apprendre et de partager ce qui se fait avec le Forum ouvert au Canada et d'expérimenter OpenSpace-Online®.

Sous le thème « Explorer le Forum ouvert au Canada », nous examinerons :

·        Quels sont nos apprentissages ?

·        Quels impacts ces apprentissages ont-ils eus sur nous ?

·        Comment l'apprentissage du FO est-il appuyé en région ?

·        Quelles histoires  pouvons-nous relater ?

·        Comment l'Open Space Institue of Canada peut-il supporter la vision future du FO au Canada? Jusque où pouvons-nous l'amener?

Qu'est-ce que le " OpenSpace-OnlineÒ"?

C'est une  méthode de conférence textuelle Internet en temps réel durant laquelle de 5 à 75 personnes peuvent travailler simultanément sur un sujet qui est important pour elles. Cette méthode incorpore l'essence et la forme du face-à-face du  F.O. à l'intérieur des limites permises par un environnement virtuel. Un facilitateur virtuel guide les participants dans le processus de la rencontre. À la fin de la rencontre, en cliquant sur une touche, tous reçoivent la documentation de la rencontre en format HTML. Pour en savoir plus sur cette technologie, visitez http://www.OpenSpace-Online.com.

Le cadre de travail :

·        L'activité consistera en une session de 3.5 heures de OpenSpace-OnlineÒ incluant une composante de planification de l'action pour permettre aux individus d'assumer la responsabilité d'aller de l'avant avec les bonnes idées qui auront fait surface.

·        Un compte rendu complet sera disponible en ligne pour tous les participants et participantes immédiatement après l'événement.

·        L'OSIC affichera cette information à titre de service aux membres et aux visiteurs du site Internet de l'OSIC. Le contenu sera le reflet des points de vue des participants et non de ceux de l'OSIC qui n'assume aucune responsabilité pour les commentaires et le matériel affiché.

Les coûts :

Les frais pour cette conférence sont de 45$ CND payables par chèque ou par Paypal (cartes de crédit). Ces frais incluent les frais de cotisations  2006 à l'Open Space Institute of Canada. Nous invitons quiconque désire recevoir notre bulletin et être informé au sujet des événements et des personnes reliés au Forum ouvert à devenir membre de l'OSIC. Il est possible de décliner l'offre de devenir membre en nous avisant lors de votre inscription. Par ailleurs, nous voulons inclure tous ceux qui sont intéressés. Si ces frais représentent une véritable contrainte pour vous, afin de discuter d'aide financière, veuillez communiquez avec Larry Peterson larry at spiritedorg.com ou  avec Diane Gibeault diane.gibeault at rogers.com.

Inscription :

Pour de plus amples renseignements ou pour vous inscrire, veuillez communiquer avec Raymonde Lemire à l'Open Space Institute of Canada par courriel au info at openspacecanada.org ou par téléphone au (613) 749-5975. Une facture vous sera envoyée pour paiement par Paypal lorsque votre inscription sera reçue. Les chèques sont payables à OSIC et doivent être postés au 200-435 Boulevard St-Laurent, Ottawa, ON, K1K 2Z8. À la réception du paiement, nous vous ferons parvenir des informations détaillées expliquant comment participer ainsi que les mots de passe et les exigences techniques.

Échéance pour l'inscription : 27 janvier, 2006.

Veuillez transmettre cette invitation à toute personne qui selon vous pourrait être intéressée.