An OS "critique" and response

Envision Halifax info at envisionhalifax.ca
Tue Aug 30 03:16:43 PDT 2005

I am now kicking myself a bit for missing the session in Halifax on Spiral
Dynamics but at the time, the topic sounded strange for someone new on the
scene. In reading this very interesting discussion I have collected a few
pieces from people that brought me to a question. As someone new, trying to
learn and navigate the sea of information:

Is there real value in learning about Spiral Dynamics as it relates to
opening space and for those of you who are familiar with SD, how has it
helped you with opening space? (I think Funda was starting to get close to
connecting this with her post)

Pieces of posts on this topic that made me consider why I would take time to
learn more about SD.

I don't have a clue who said what to whom -- but what I do know is that when
you open some space -- folks get to work.
The rest of it is kind of immaterial. (T-1, T-17 --). Harrison Owen

.Anyway, I think systems that create hierarchies are inherently faulty, no
help for it.  That includes programs that 'certify' somebody to do something
they are already perfectly capable of doing all by themselves or by just
following instructions with a lot of heart.
Paul Everett

...all human beings move in and out of levels of development, levels of
consciousness and levels of understanding.  I might be green about social
issues, orange about art (orange is second tier, above green) and red about
homophobia in the same moment.  Few human beings live frozen, stuck in just
one way of being for all issues in life.  As a workplace meeting takes
place, for example, participants might move in and out of memes like
shifting sands.

Tree Fitzpatrick

I really respect all of the thoughtfulness and work that people have put
into posts on this topic and others. I will visit the links, thank you for
the resources.

Tracy

Tracy Boyer

Volunteer Coordinator