Facilitator's Passion

Larry Peterson larry at spiritedorg.com
Tue Aug 23 14:28:46 PDT 2005

Robyn:

I just facilitated an OS on Collective Consciousness where I did have a
passion for the topic, and was involved in helping it to happen.  I
approach it the same way Judi did at our event.  To hold the space, I
believe it is important to stay out of the content and trust the
self-organizing process within that space.  However, it was a small
group.  I sat in the room on the floor so I could listen in or not.  My
focus was on enabling the group to go deeper by holding, knowing my
learning would come from the collective learning, some in the room and
some in later discussions.  I cannot perform that role well if I am too
attached to the outcomes. If I cannot perform that role then I get
someone else to open and hold the space so that I can be an active
participant.

Larry

Larry Peterson
Associates in Transformation