Facilitator's Passion

Robyn S Berkessel robyn at litglobal.com
Thu Aug 25 14:55:44 PDT 2005

Hi Larry and others who responded to my topic privately over the last few
days.  Our Open Space "Connecting the dots..... What are the possibilities
for our collective efforts" has just closed.  I thank you all for sharing
your views.  It was very useful.

We had 14 for a lively, rich conversation.  I will post up proceedings once
all the reports are in.   How I handled the dual role of host and
facilitator;  Once people were seated in the circle, I introduced myself as
sponsor/host.   I thanked all for responding to the invitation, and in 1
minute gave the background to the topic  - how it came about.  I  wished
them a useful and good day and said I would now hand over to the
facilitator.  I left the room, took off an item of clothing (a vest) and
came back as the Facilitator and said "Welcome to Open Space".  I was the
facilitator for the remainder of the day.  They got it.  I stayed true.  It
worked well.

There is energy around opening more space with this group and I will
continue to facilitate that.  My passion was satisfied from my contributions
in a different way.    That was totally rewarding.

Robyn
Robyn Stratton-Berkessel
LIT Global ...connecting the dots
+1 732 291 0462