Opening space in my home-office

Tolga Yazar yazar_tolga at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 14 22:42:50 PDT 2005

Hi,

Last year in May, I had enough of the gray walls of my cubicle. It was also around the time I was telling my work buddies about my art projects, and wanted to show some to them... One thing led to another, and I decided to open "the Cubicle Gallery", a small gallery inside my cubicle at work. It was a rushed in idea, but I managed to prepare nice invitations, bought crakers and cheese and held a very nice opening in my cubicle. ( Hey I even sold two of my artwork !).

I worked in my cubicle surrounded with my art the whole year. This May, I moved into an office (still the size of a cubicle), and it was time for the second "Cubicle Gallery" opening. This time I opened some art space ... I sent a Call for Artists to everyone in my company and invited them to submit their art to my new gallery opening. I had art submittals from my colleagues that I had no idea that they painted or drew or took photos...  It was a very fun Cubicle Gallery opening this year as well, and very much inclusive too.  Now my office walls are all covered with artwork, drawings, paintings, photos, sculpture ... some mine, some from the people I work with. I like it very much.

For what it is worth ...

Tolga.
(for those who are interested in snapshots, you can check http://cubiclegallery.serpil.com/ )