SV: Opening space in my home-office

Thomas Herrmann thomas at openspaceconsulting.com
Sun Aug 14 15:25:53 PDT 2005

Dear Bernd
Thanks for sharing the work you are doing to find your Open Space office,
Bernd. Interesting!
Thanks Harrison for sharing the offices you´ve moved around, the porch and
the boats sound like quite some offices to me!

So far the Feng Shui recommendations have not helped too much. Right now my
office looks like "open space" - nothingness - with a desk in the center
(it´s one of those that you can sit and/or stand at - too heavey to take
out). I cleared everything else out, even taken the old wallpaper down. Next
step is to paint the ceiling and the the door, then new wall-paper. I got
some recommendations regarding colors and to encompass the five elements in
my office and how to place the furniture, lights, plants as well as some
specific recommendations regarding my particular room.

I´m pretty new to Feng Shui but I think that it will add to keeping the
energy level fine, as I do spend some time there (right now sitting in our
living-room.

I had a look on the Internet, there are lots of sites about Feng Shui, one
pretty informative although a bit commercialized is at
www.fengshuicrazy.com/ lots of articles are gathered at
http://fengshuiarticles.com/

I will work on keeping the space open and let you know how it goes, when
I´ve come a bit further.
Kind regards
Thomas Herrmann