Reggio Emilia and Open Space with Children

luca audrey niko daniel lebelland at xtra.co.nz
Sun Aug 7 13:07:22 PDT 2005

Hi Kim,
I'm reading the replies to your first question with interest as this is
all new to me but your second question I can offer something to. Perhaps
you are expressing the dawning realization that OST and home need not be
separate and that when considering your children, the default option for
their learning goes on outside the home.  There is plenty of thinking
and writing on this topic, it runs very deep in modern western culture.
However, for a mother, there is the question of alignment, continuity
and sustainable integrated value.  Our family are home educators,
unschoolers and spaceniks.  This works, as it always does, and worth
every single moment.  Plenty of topics, endless opportunity and with
that it  just grows. Open space within the family.
Best wishes
Daniel LeBel
Westport NZ