OST in Italy?

Valentina Bach valentina at uwcad.it
Mon Aug 22 04:50:51 PDT 2005

My name is Valentina Bach and I am the community service coordinator in a
very special international school, the United World College of the
Adriatic in Italy, Trieste. The mission of the school is to promote
international understanding and peace by bringing together students from
conflict countries. Every student admitted has full scholarship and must
commit him/herself to do volunteer service once a week. In the last two
years I have been reading all possible Open Space material  and I tried to
facilitate a session with 100 of our students on September 2004. The aim
was to get new ideas about community service projects and initiatives. The
results were excellent: around 10 new projects which have been carried out
with commitment and dedication during the last academic year!
I also work as a consultant for some Italian local governments and I have
recently been asked to write a book on strategic planning which will be
published by one of the main Italian editors. I would like to include a
chapter on OST in my book, suggesting it is a very effective method for
strategic planning. I read the succesful stories published in the website
and I also found some cases of OST in Torino (Northen Italy) both in the
provincial and city council. Do you know about other successful stories I
could quote?
I would like to help OST spreading in Italy, especially in the No-Profit
sector. Our school is  well known, especially in the north east as an
organization that brings innovation and culture while working for peace.
We would be very happy to host a Conference.
With great appreciation for Harrison Owen and all of you in this list.
Greetings from Italy.
Valentina Bach