When Things Fall Apart

Elwin and Joan elwinandjoan at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 6 13:20:59 PDT 2005

To my dear friends at OSonOS Halifax:
A dear friend recently gave me a copy of the book “When Things Fall
Apart” and today I arrived at Chapter 13, “Widening the Circle of
Compassion” and found this prologue:

“Only in an open, nonjudgmental space can we acknowledge what we are
feeling. Only in an open space where we’re not all caught up in our own
version of reality can we see and hear and feel who others really are,
which allows us to be with them and communicate them properly.”

The book is written by an American Buddhist nun, Pema Chodron, who
resides at Gampo Abbey, Pleasant Bay, Nova Scotia.

Perhaps one or more of you there in Halifax will pay her a visit. It’s
clear she is one of us!

Elwin Guild
Future Development International
Baltimore