on OST facilitator aggression, sexism (and all other garden variety and not so garden variety "isms"), political correctness, genocide, Raffi, Therese, Paul, Masud, and other closet OS listserv fratboys OR the wonders of opening space by pressing "Delete" in the ever expanding NOW

Lucas Gonzalez lgs0a at yahoo.es
Wed Apr 27 06:35:40 PDT 2005

All this writing about agression makes me want to look at it from newer
perspectives, if possible.

There's this framework for considering waste as a resource: "if there
are 5 kingdoms of life (bacteria, fungi, algae, plants, animals) then
one kingdom should never be food to itself, but only to the others".
http://www.zeri.org

One example of NOT doing that is when we eat fish (I'm not a
vegetarian, at least yet).  It is usually fine, at least with fish and
as far as I know.  But applying the same principle we do get the
ocasional Mad Cow Disease, which spreads when people feed sheep
carcases to their cows.  (It's a whole lot more detailed but this is
the main idea: cows and sheep belong to the same "kingdom".)  Another
horrifying example is the neurological disease called Kuru-kuru, which
is caused by a slow virus that is transmitted through canibalism (they
eat their dead relatives' brains, virus included).

So the idea some people are starting to (re)see is that it may be
better to "treat waste as a resource" - as feed for *other* kingdoms.
They give pig waste to bacteria, then bacteria waste to fungi, etc.  It
looks like a sensible way to eliminate what otherwise is toxic - if it
stays within the very kingdom that generated it.

I don't know if the idea is clear, as I myself am only starting to "get
it".

So, what about agression and jokes?  Could it be that our toxic
agressive energy is better used as a resource ... to be used somewhere
else and not within the same place where it was generated?  Could it be
that, whenever we sense agression, we should look around to see if have
not really invited the whole system into the same room, and we should
widen things a bit?  Maybe gender-related agressiveness is not gender
related at all?

Does this make any sense?  Does it take us anywhere?  You all know
more.

Lucas

Nuevos servicios, más seguridad
http://correo.yahoo.es