A little help -- Please

Michael Herman mjherman at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 07:08:13 PDT 2005

almost always i find that the first few paragraphs or minutes of a
conversation with a new contact or client -- when they give this sort
of snapshot of who they are, where they've been, and what they want
next -- is the perfect, most honest invitation.

it's the clearest picture they can give, simple and clean,
understandable to an outsider and with all the honesty that is
sometimes withheld, for all kinds of reasons both cultural and
personal, from insiders.

my first question is then "who's needed to create such an
organization?"  my second question is "how soon can we get them
together?"  maybe the third question is "what would we need to do to
make sure that you (the ceo) lives to tell about it?"

seems to me that as long as we see culture and environment as
something that is created by one person, sometimes a chief and other
times a "bad apple" troublemaker, or some small group of same, we will
always work to hard and always fall short.  as soon as we turn the
task over to an invited group of everyone, the job is already done,
the environment is shifted, and we're right there in it doing the real
work in a whole new way.

as ever, the leap is in beginning.  m

--

Michael Herman Associates