Learning to expand our NOW

Masud Sheikh masheikh at COGECO.CA
Fri Apr 22 16:47:11 PDT 2005

Hi Judy,
You correctly pointed out that I tend to be judgmental. But I did not
understand what you meant by "you were obviously waiting for a baited
response from her". To start off, I do not understand what is a "baited
response".

But Judy, my request was for help - and it was genuine. What would you
would like me to learn from your feedback?
Masud

<ejespady at mydurango.net> wrote:

>Okay, I have to pipe in a bit on this one...
>
>Masud, I find it extremely ironic that the posting you made to Therese
implies that she was being judgmental and then in this post you instantly
jump to conclusions and "judge" her...hmmmm...  IMHO you cannot factually
conclude that her lack of response was some sort of avoidance on the
issue.  As Lisa has pointed out, there could be a zillion reasons why she
didn't respond within a day (hardly enough time to even make a
conclusion)...I think you read way too much into this as you were
obviously waiting for a baited response from her.

>Just my 2 cents worth...
>
>Judy Spady

Canadian, I can use both spellings):

>  Yesterday, I had a conflict with Therese Fitzpatrick, when I posted the
following note:

>  ">Funda, such an event would not be negative...it could be wonderful
and life affirming.

>  > And it could unleash new, positive initiatives in the world.
>
>  Please forgive me for reacting, Therese.
>
>  "Would not be negative....." - Is that not highly judgmental, Therese -
an opinion expressed as fact?

>  Masud"
>
>  Therese's lack of response makes it evident that my "NOW" did not
contain enough space for her to respond. For those of you who can have
space for my views, as well as hers, can you please suggest an alternative
way of posing my comment/question?

>  My best wishes
>
>  Masud
>
>  There is something called learning at a rather small level of
organisation. At a much higher gestalt level, learning is called
evolution - Gregory Bateson