Learning to expand our NOW

Therese Fitzpatrick therese.fitzpatrick at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 09:43:46 PDT 2005

Here in my now. . .
I am unaware that you and I have had a conflict, Masud.  I do notthink I have ever addressed you directly in anything I have posted tothe OSlist.
Thank you, Lisa, for pointing out that there are all kinds of reasonswhy someone, including me, might not answer an email.
I live in open space and I do not open all the email that land in mymailbox.  In open space, I do not respond to all the mail that landsin my mailbox.  In open space, sometimes I use the law of two feet andstop participating in a conversation thread just cause I feel like itand I don't get very hard on myself and tell myself I have to stayinvolved just because I posted something.
I don't know which conversation you think you and I have been inconflict, Masud, but I do know that after I posted something aboutgenocide I stopped reading that thread altogether. Since I know I'dropped out' of that conversation, maybe that is the one you mean? And if the conflict you perceive with me took place in that topic, Ican tell you that I am still not interested in participating in it. In open space, I don't have to have a reason to drift out of a roomand I don't have to have a reason to drift out of a conversation. Since you have tried to provoke me into engaging in your perception ofa conflict, Masud, I do not imagine that you will like the fact that Iam using the law of two feet and walking away from what feel like yourdemand that I participate. . . but in open space I do not have toaccede to your direct demand that I respond.  Aside from open space, Ican tell you that I do not like to be bullied and I feel that you arebullying me into having an argument with you here on this listserv. .. and it has no heart and meaning for me to participate in that.
If I said something with which you disagree, you are absolutely freeto hold another opinion, Masud.

On 4/22/05, Lisa Heft <lisaheft at openingspace.net> wrote:>  >  > > Masud, just a thought. > >   > > You wrote: > > Therese's lack of response makes it evident that my "NOW" did not contain> enough space for her to respond. For those of you who can have space for my> views, as well as hers, can you please suggest an alternative way of posing> my comment/question?   > > Often I don't respond to emails because – > >   > > -          I am out of town > > -          I am tired > > -          I am taking care of my mother > > -          I am taking or giving a workshop > > -          I want to be thoughtful about my response and this takes some> thinking time… > >   > > ….and of course I could go on.  > >   > > So one cannot interpret silence for…anything.  Well, one can, but it is of> course an interpretation… > >   > > Just a thought to toss in there, because this strikes a cord in me (I am> very sensitive about my own ability to correspond on email with the impact> it has washing in great streams into my inbox) > >   > > Lisa > >   > > PS: Will you be coming to OSonOS in Halifax?  As more of us meet in person> here or there, more of us will get to know each other in marvelous ways…I> look forward to seeing you there or wherever else we may meet…. > >   >  > > ___________________________ > > L i s a   H e f t > > Consultant, Facilitator, Educator > > O p e n i n g  S p a c e > > 2325 Oregon > > Berkeley, California > > 94705-1106   USA > > +01 510 548-8449 > > lisaheft at openingspace.net > > www.openingspace.net > >   > >   * *> ==========================================================> OSLIST at LISTSERV.BOISESTATE.EDU ------------------------------ To subscribe,> unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives of> oslist at listserv.boisestate.edu:> http://listserv.boisestate.edu/archives/oslist.html To> learn about OpenSpaceEmailLists and OSLIST FAQs:> http://www.openspaceworld.org/oslist * *> ==========================================================> OSLIST at LISTSERV.BOISESTATE.EDU ------------------------------ To subscribe,> unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives of> oslist at listserv.boisestate.edu:> http://listserv.boisestate.edu/archives/oslist.html To> learn about OpenSpaceEmailLists and OSLIST FAQs:> http://www.openspaceworld.org/oslist

-- Warmly,Therese Fitzpatrick