Raffi, genocide and OST

Therese Fitzpatrick therese.fitzpatrick at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 12:01:01 PDT 2005

I remind folks living with ideas about genocide, historical or
contemporary, that Harrison's book "The Practice of Peace" offers a
positive way to come together around the deep roots of conflict that
are embedded in human history.

A Practice of Peace conference, as distinguished from a training about
the book, with an invitation around genocide would probably be a
wonderful event.  As one of the organizers of the Seattle area POP,
for which we invited people working with OS for peace in conflict
zones, I can tell you that convening such an event is work the world
needs doing.

Raffi, maybe your anger and sadness is calling you to convene
something?  Or not. Maybe you are being called to do something that
you are not yet doing? You could convene a POP around genocide.
Funda, such an event would not be negative. .. it could be wonderful
and life affirming.  And it could unleash new, positive initiatives in
the world.