inner aggression and the OST facilitator

Therese Fitzpatrick therese.fitzpatrick at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 22:39:32 PDT 2005

I need to clarify:  Angela Arrien is the one who said the way of the
teacher is to be open, not attached, to outcome.  I have internalized
the lesson but I got it by working with her book, The Fourfold Way,
and with my spirited work community, which is an ongoing experiment in
Open Space and The Fourfold Way.

I agree with Misty:  an individual's personal aggression has no place
in one's role as a facilitator.  Picking up aggressive energy in a
group one is facilitating is very different from voicing one's
individuality.  I am reminded of Senge's 'self-regulation'. . . and I
agree with what Harrison wrote, that if a facilitator is upset and
angry, they probably should not be opening space.

I happen to be someone who loves to use profanity.  I really love to
use it.  But I would never use it as a facilitator.