Sexual harassment topic

Spady's ejespady at mydurango.net
Thu Apr 7 08:36:01 PDT 2005

I agree with Ralph (but in a different way than Esther did).  I think what
Ralph is trying to say is be extremely careful with this one (in the US
anyhow).  Sexual Harassment in organizations is something that the company
has to acknowledge and portray an image of the caring, concerned
body.....BUT.......does it ever actually operate in that manner??  I,
personally, have seen many cases where the victim goes through the proper
channels only to have nothing really ever happen to stop the problem.  I
don't think I would ever actually speak out about it nor follow the
company's procedure because the outcome usually only results in
embarrassment and heartache for the victim.  The LAST thing I would do is
bring the topic up in front of my co-workers.  It is an extremely delicate
issue that is supposed to be completely confidential (although I believe
never really is).  I agree that we should really help the person to be
extremely clear on the outcome they are striving for....

Thanks for posting the topic - very interesting.
Judy Spady