Utility of OS in Conferences of 1,000+

Mikk Sarv mikk at ilm.ee
Tue Apr 5 01:23:49 PDT 2005

I have heard general comments about large OS conferences, but not specifically, what works well and what gets lost. Also, how much, if at all, it depends upon the number of participants.
What are considerations one has to pay attention while preparing an OS event with 1000+ participants?
What has been positive and negative feedback from organisers and participants from year 2003 OS event in Berlin with 2108 participants?
Thanks for raising the topic,
Mikk Sarv,
Estonia