Closed and open space

Jack Ricchiuto jack at designinglife.com
Sun Apr 24 15:18:12 PDT 2005

First before I invite another thread, thanks Harrison for the humble observations. Now to the thread (realize I grew up in an Italian family where there were often 6 conversations among 5 people and if anyone was finished with a conversation, you easily broke off with whoever you wanted to start a new one with - sound familiar?)

I've been pondering the question: Does "opening space" suggest that the space was previously closed? Which leads to follow-up questions like, If some spaces are closed before we "open" them, what does it mean that they're closed? If all systems are self-organizing, do some self-organize into closed spaces that need to be opened?

Thanks,

Jack

jack ricchiuto
two.one.six/three.seven.three/seven.four.seven.five
www.designinglife.com / www.appreciativeleadership.org