OST with illiterate participants

Pannwitz, Michael M mmpanne at boscop.de
Tue Sep 28 23:56:59 PDT 2004

Dear Gerard,
John Engle has reported on this in his work in Haiti.
Not having to use paper and markers and no electricity or copying
facilities around creates opportunities and space for alternatives.
Also, in some cultures putting things into writing is viewed with
great suspicion.
I wonder why.
Greetings from Berlin
mmp

n Wed, 29 Sep 2004 08:53:27 +0200, Gerard Muller wrote:

>Dear All,
>
>I recently facilitated an Open Space Event in Africa, where several
>participants wanted to know what to do when a fair part of the group cannot
>read and write.
>I have no experience with that situation personally, but I recalled there
>have been some postings on the issue a while ago - just cannot find them. If
>any of you know where they are or has help to offer, let me know !
>
>Thanks in advance, and greetings from Denmark
>

>Gerard Muller
>
>*
>*
>
>To learn about OpenSpaceEmailLists and OSLIST FAQs:
>http://www.openspaceworld.org/oslist

Michael M Pannwitz, boscop
Draisweg 1, 12209 Berlin, Germany
FON ++49 - 30-772 8000     FAX ++49 - 30-773 92 464
www.michaelmpannwitz.de

125 Berliner open space-Veranstaltungen von 12 BegleiterInnen in 16 verschiedenen Bereichen:
www.openspace-landschaft.de

An der 155-köpfigen E-Gruppe "openspacedeutsch" interessiert? Enfach eine mail an mich.

Schaut mal in die neue Open Space World Map, seit dem 17.8.2004 online
www.openspaceworldmap.org