Zorba the Greek Story

Alan Stewart alan at creativestate.biz
Mon Sep 6 17:10:08 PDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "BJ Peters" <bjp1 at cox.net>
To: <OSLIST at LISTSERV.BOISESTATE.EDU>
Sent: Tuesday, September 07, 2004 3:05 AM
Subject: Re: Zorba the Greek Story

> Alan-- I read this today and am so touched by it, much more so that the
> first time I saw it several years ago. It has relevance for so much of
> what is going on in the world today and my life and work, as well as
> for supporting open space. Thank you for sharing --BJ
>
> BJ Peters
> bjp1 at cox.net
> 602.279.4805
>
> "The path of violence moves from sharp to sharper to sharpest, while
> the path of nonviolence moves from gentle to gentlier to gentliest."
> -- Dwarko Sundrani, last active disciple of Mahatma Gandhi

G'day BJ and All

Your reported experience of revisiting the Zorba the Greek story
reminds me of the person who noted, poignantly:

"When I was young and read the story of Romeo and Juliet, I wept for
Romeo and I wept for Juliet.

Now that I am older, when I read it again I wept for their parents!"

Alan
Adelaide