Principles and the Law in HAUSA language (Nigeria(

Bernd Weber wb-trainconsult at gmx.net
Thu Sep 9 02:03:26 PDT 2004

Hi folks,

I am writing this e-mail from Abuja/Nigeria. Yesterday I was a participant
at an OST event facilitated by Gerard Muller (OSI Denmark) on network
building. There was a parallel event on the Practice of Peace facilitated by
Karen DAVES (USA). Both were hosted by IODA, the International Organization
Development Association, integrated in its 19th World Conference (The Dance
of Life - New Forms of Practice in Organization Development.

This gives me the oportunity to complete our collection of the principles
and the one law of Open Space in HAUSA one of the main languages in Nigeria.
Here it comes:

SHARIAR KAFA BIYU
The Law of two Feet

WADANDA SUKA ZO, SUNE NA KWARAI
Whoever comes,...

ABINDA DUK ZAI FARU ITACE ZATA FARU
Whatever happens...

A LOKACINDA AKA FARA, LOKACINNE DAIDAI
Whenever it starts,...

IN AKAI KARSHE TO, KARSHENKENAN
When it's over,...

By the way: Nigeria is actually in a very interesting transition. Space is
really opening here, although the international media, which are generally
at least half blind, when they deal with African Reality, have of course not
notized yet, but there is peacebuilding going on, serious
democratization...and of course it is a wonderfully rich culture hybrid
between tradition/spirituality and modern society.

Bernd Weber

Bernd Weber
Change Management/Organization Development
Large Group and Stakeholder Network Facilitation

Beira/Sofala MOZAMBIQUE

NEU: Bis zu 10 GB Speicher für e-mails & Dateien!
1 GB bereits bei GMX FreeMail http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail