Poetry Celebration and Contest + INVITATION TO PEAK OF ROTARY

Elena A. Marchuk marco at mail.nsk.ru
Thu Sep 2 19:44:48 PDT 2004

Hi Joelle,
my congratulations and thanks for your nice poetry from Siberia!
it is true, you (we) need sometimes wait for your wings to be dry...
thank you again and I wish you to make big plans while waiting...and realize them after you are ready!

We just came from Altay Republic (850 kms from Novosibirisk to the South, nearly on the boarder with Mongolia) where we mounted on the Peak of Rotary (the name is now registered officially, now it is unnamed peak of 3407 m high near Ak-tru snow mountain - back-right behind me, and on the right of the Peak of Rotary on the first picture) which is 4100 m high) together with the representitives of 5 Rotary clubs of Siberia, the expedition we devoted to 100 years of Rotary wich works for the mutual understanding in the world

and then we made the extended Rotary club meeting of Gorno-Altaysk Rotary club in a circle (what is rare, but I asked the president to ..not to put benches in rows... ), so you can see the picture of our Peak of Peace (if the list accept the attachments, and it is very small...) where the Peak is the little 'pop' on the right of the snow mountain, which is in the center of the picture...

so you all are invited to join us in our Peace work next year -august 2005 in Altay Mountains!

while mounting we rescued two young men, who falled in a ice holes and stopped the fire on the valey bank which was already on the 200 m2 near our camp... a good active rest!

you are invited to join us!

good luck to all and thank you again for your poetry
elena marchuk, novosibirsk, siberia, russia