A small matter of curiosity

Artur Silva arturfsilva at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 26 14:01:26 PDT 2004

--- Chris Kloth <kloth at got2change.com> wrote:

> But here is the curiosity...despite rooms that
> really were consistently too cold or too hot or too
> noisy and food that was tasty, but not as portable
> as it was supposed to be, there were no complaints
> about food or rooms!  She said that she has been
> planning and conducting meetings and conferences for
> many years and has never had so few comments on
> rooms and food.

This is really very interesting!

> Her questions, which I offered to pass on to the
> list, is "When people take responsibility for their
> work and find that they are spending their time
> doing what they need to do, does that lead to such
> focus that the rest of the conditions don't matter?

I would say this is true. If one is doing a very
interesting thing, one is much less aware of
"material conditions". If one is bored, one have to
complain about something...

> Do people accept responsibility for making choices
> within the space and, therefore, factor food or room
> conditions into the decision to stay or use their
> two feet?

Never thought about, but probably also true.

Or was this group an anomaly and this is
> just one of those moments that happens for reasons
> we will never know?"

Don't think so

Regards

Artur