Renewing the American Experiment

Pannwitz, Michael M mmpanne at boscop.de
Mon Oct 18 13:53:59 PDT 2004

Dear Chris,
amazing enough, Brazil is not among the 106 (latest count) countries
in which os-technology has been practiced.
Have a look at
http://www.openspaceworldmap.org/ where you will now find 72 open
space-workers in 23 countries (I imagine that colleagues from the
other 83 countries will eventually include themselves, too)
Maybe Brazilians haved been living in open space all along and there
has been no need for the technology.
Just been reading "Maverick" bei Ricardo Semler (Warner Business
Books)  who reports on the very exciting transformation of his Semco
company in Brazil back in the early nineties without ever saying a
word about ost.

Greetings from Berlin
mmp

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 20:21:19 +0100, chris macrae wrote:

>Hi folks
>
>There's a chance that Brazil will need a 5000 open space
>
>I forget if we have a most experienced large OS person in Brazil.
>Briefly, whilst I may be completely wrong its about an issue that only
>the Brazilian church through its 5500 parishes can take to the people
>before global companies etc mess things up.
>
>As I say I don't understand all the local issues but have spent the last
>2 days in London with 2 Brazilians who do. They were over for the 20000
>European Social Forum, which has its 40000 World Forum version back in
>Porto Alegre in January. Oddly though Brazil is the world leader in
>these large conferences on social issues, it doesn't appear that these
>social forums are fully aware of open space. Again if I have misstated
>that, my apologies- look forward to being made better informed
>
>Cheers
>Chris Macrae
>
>*
>*
>
>To learn about OpenSpaceEmailLists and OSLIST FAQs:
>http://www.openspaceworld.org/oslist

Michael M Pannwitz, boscop
Draisweg 1, 12209 Berlin, Germany
FON ++49 - 30-772 8000     FAX ++49 - 30-773 92 464
www.michaelmpannwitz.de

Die 4. Lerwerkstatt für open space-BegleiterInnen vom 30. Januar bis 2. Februar 2005 rückt näher. Frühbuchung mit Rabatt bis zum 30. Oktober 2004. Mehr unter
www.boscop.de

Seit dem 17. August.2004 ist die Open Space World Map online. Stand: 73 Teilnehmende in 23 Ländern. Werft mal einen Blick in:
www.openspaceworldmap.org