Renewing the American Experiment

chris macrae wcbn007 at easynet.co.uk
Mon Oct 18 12:21:19 PDT 2004

Hi folks

There's a chance that Brazil will need a 5000 open space

I forget if we have a most experienced large OS person in Brazil.
Briefly, whilst I may be completely wrong its about an issue that only
the Brazilian church through its 5500 parishes can take to the people
before global companies etc mess things up.

As I say I don't understand all the local issues but have spent the last
2 days in London with 2 Brazilians who do. They were over for the 20000
European Social Forum, which has its 40000 World Forum version back in
Porto Alegre in January. Oddly though Brazil is the world leader in
these large conferences on social issues, it doesn't appear that these
social forums are fully aware of open space. Again if I have misstated
that, my apologies- look forward to being made better informed

Cheers
Chris Macrae