Fw: [OSLIST] My reflections on the Goa OSonOS

Peggy S. Holman peggy at opencirclecompany.com
Wed Oct 27 20:53:35 PDT 2004

HI all.  I know I'm coming late to this discussion of Goa and OSonOS.  I seem to have taken to reading my OS list messages in 200+ increments.  So, here's my observation on getting the most out of OSonOS.  It is colored in part by something I've noticed in Spirited Work.  The best conversations seem to happen among the butterflies, not the formal sessions.  That seems to be the case as OSonOS as well.

Could it be that the more we are in OS -- moving beyond OS as a means of meeting but as a way of being -- the marketplace takes on a different function.  It is a place for things to surface for sure when someone has reached a point of being able to put into words something they want to discuss.  More and more I notice I'm mostly interested in following my nose.  It may be to a group that looks animated, it may be to a person I connect with on purpose or by accident.

I think this may be a natural evolution.  From butterflies to the wall and back when the time is right.

from 30,000 feet flying south to Bogota, Colombia,
Peggy

P.S.  The proceedings are now at www.openspaceworld.org.  Go to the OSonOS link and scroll down to proceedings.  It's not pretty but it's there.

P.P.S.  On Oct. 31 and Nov. 1, I'll be doing an OS with 1,700 street kids, ages 16-22 and about 300 adults.  The topics, loosely translated from Spanish: How can I contribute to the efficient
> functioning of the "work generation" project so that we all have jobs now
> and in the future?

More when I return....