OST in Brazil (was Re: [OSLIST] Renewing the American Experiment)

Artur Silva arturfsilva at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 20 15:54:02 PDT 2004

Sorry, Harrison. But I only have the time in these
days to read one OSLIST post per day, and yesterday I
have chosen Lisa's one. Only later I understood that
the point began with a diferent thread. But yes,
Brasil is America, too...

And, no, as far as I know there are not OST
practitionners in Brasil. There are some people
interested in OST but have not done anyone.

There is at least one that have done something using
Gabriela's SW, but it was not really OST, IMHO. And of
course there is Lisa's "Brasilian project team" -that
will have results some day... probably when we will be
pretty old.

An interesting point I have surfaced sometime ago is
that OST has this in commom with capitalism - is more
related with the protestant ethic ;-)

I mean, latin countries, mainly Chatolic, are not very
simpatetic to the idea of "openess". They must always
have "someone in charge" (the Pope, I presume...).

Regards

Artur

PS: Michael, I also red your post ;-) I will see what
I can do to your map when I have some free time