Givens -- Again

Florian Fischer ff at begleitung-im-wandel.com
Fri Nov 19 02:59:25 PST 2004

Am 18.11.2004 15:45 Uhr schrieb "Harrison Owen" unter <hhowen at comcast.net>:

.... Personally, I would take all this
> as a gold plated invitation to think and talk about precisely what is
> forbidden. ....

dear harrison,
I laughed a lot about your introduction for saying then the just the
opposit.
I agree very much. opening space is crossing and opening bounderies,
bounderies, the so called givens, are set under the status quo ante which is
to change, because it´s changing itself anyway.

in my very first open space some years ago, which I facilitated on my own
risk, accompanied by michael m pannwitz, one group worked upon just the
subject »what is forbidden in our institution«. they documented a large list
of forbiddens, every one added with the question »why«.
the convenor of that group had been the personal assistant of the president.
4 weeks later we have had an follow-up-meeting with the convenors of the
groups. she didn't take part.
3 month later she was fired.
since a lot of time now she is running an art-gallery in the same city.
I get invitation to every vernissage of the exhibitions they are doing.
she told me that she is glad about the change in her life.

every given will change.

florian

florian fischer
begleitung im wandel