muddling through

Chris Corrigan chris.corrigan at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 16:11:55 PST 2004

Kathryn:

Hiya from one unschooling parent to another.  I've written a paper on
the notion of freedom shock in Open Space based on John Taylor Gatto's
seven principles.  It's here:  http://www.chriscorrigan.com/papers and
it's called "Open Space Technology and the legacy of education."

I also stumbled on a great set of links today on unlearning, featuring
papers from the likes of our own Toke Mueller, Meg Wheatley and others
at http://www.swaraj.org/shikshantar/unlearning_reflections.htm

Enjoy.

Chris

On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 08:16:25 -0800, Kathryn Major <kmajor at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> There is so much about OST that feels like homeschooling to me. :-)  My
> daughter is almost 15 and we've been homeschooling a few years now, and we
> are moving further away from the traditional schooling approach every day,
> even though we didn't start as unschoolers.
>
> Public schooling *was* designed to fill the need for workers who perform in
> a military and industrial society without asking questions.  See
> www.johntaylorgatto.com .  John is developing a documentary on this very
> topic.  I've seen his preliminary material and it's fascinating.  It's just
> one more reason that OST makes sense to me.
>
> Kathryn
>
> Kathleen Pichola <kapich at juno.com> wrote:
> I think public schools have a similar mind set to the
> corporate world., plan, plan,, plan. It feels fear based to me. We
> can't let kids have down time for fear of what they would do, get out of
> control?
> unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives of
> oslist at listserv.boisestate.edu:

CHRIS CORRIGAN
Consultation - Facilitation
Open Space Technology