Muddling Through

chris macrae wcbn007 at easynet.co.uk
Thu Nov 4 10:45:34 PST 2004

Maybe I mis-worded what I was trying to say. Why is it we live in a
world where an organisation that asks for consultant or facilitation
help expects first a proposal that makes everything look neat and
controllable rather than one that says well the messes we will need to
go through before we will have a chance of knowing what next to do are:
I think I met a comfort in terms of confidence in understanding that
mess is the first step into any real innovation; ideally confidence to
rip up crap proposals of the sort that make innovation sound tidy and
controllable before you start...

Why is management that says it wants to innovate so afraid of mess?

Cheers
chris
----