"Planned happenstance. . ."

Harrison Owen hhowen at comcast.net
Mon Nov 29 07:09:06 PST 2004

David McKay wrote: "The article also pulls from the research the qualities
in a client which best predispose them to taking advantage of serendipity.
That may be the most applicable to folks here -- as Open Space seems to rely
on planned happenstance."

Isn't it interesting how everything has to be fitted into "the plan," even
if planning had nothing to do with whatever is going on? Or maybe more
accurately, "planning" as the intentional human act, was only one of a
myriad of factors creating the present moment. For me Open Space is not too
far from stopping to smell the roses, allowing the present moment to appear
as it is, no longer covered by all the might-have-beens, could-have-beens,
or should-have-beens -- plans. Many take open space, and the experience of
open Space, as a strange new reality. I guess my experience is diametrically
the opposite. Everything is Open Space, but that fact is obscured by a whole
mess of exogenous lay-ons. All the plans.

Harrison

Harrison Owen
7808 River Falls Drive
Potomac, Maryland   20845
Phone 301-365-2093

Open Space Training www.openspaceworld.com <http://www.openspaceworld.com/>

To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives Visit: