Critical role of the theme

Lucas Gonzalez lgs0a at yahoo.es
Tue May 25 00:46:02 PDT 2004

 --- Larry Peterson <larry at spiritedorg.com> escribió:
> Self-organization -- it happened at Abu Grade Prison in Iraq with the
> help of the conditions being created by the system and the culture of
> an army and country.

http://www.prisonexp.org gives information about an experiment where a
group of students were recruited, then grouped as prisioners and
guards, then watched 24 hours a day with cameras.  With a few rules, it
looks like the rest just followed - very much like what has happened in
Iraq and elsewhere.  In a few days, even the psychologists were "into
it" and thought the prisioners were trying to escape and wouldn't let
them.  I found the whole description quite disturbing.

It looks like we humans are quite, er, flexible.

So changing "the rules of the game" a meeting at a time might work.  I
guess formal, big, numerous gatherings are more powerful and make more
waves.  Small meetings are not so powerful but, on the other hand, they
are much more frequent.  Could small meetings be powerfully "opened"?

I have one question related to the "systemic" evolution of OST.
Epidemics grow when the "infectable" are "infected", and not everyone
is equally prone to become "infected".  Epidemics tend to grow slowly
at the beginning, then faster, then slower again.  Do you think OST has
a ceiling in this regard?  Why?

Thanks!

Lucas

Correo Yahoo! - 6MB, más protección contra el spam ¡Gratis!
http://correo.yahoo.es