Four Principles, One Law - and organisations (was half-way technology)

Larry Peterson larry at spiritedorg.com
Mon May 24 12:01:01 PDT 2004

Creating the conditions for emergent patterns of relationships does
depend on the content.  We discussed the critical role of the theme in
creating the boundaries recently on the list.

The OS law is central to encouraging participants to be intentional and
responsible with regard to their own energy -- their learning and
contribution.   If the "connection" is not there, go do something else
where it is including resting, coffee, a walk.... -- thus making new
patterns of interaction possible.

I still think the Principles are also extremely important. The last two
do encourage participants to take responsibility for using the time and
space productively -- rather than having the time and space (meeting
format) manage what they can do.  The first two help to put the moment
in context and encourage letting go of judgements and connecting in the
now.  Neither are part of our dominant culture and the permission and
reminder are helpful.

All of the above, do fit within the theme -- the intent -- and that
makes an essential difference.

Larry

Larry Peterson
Associates in Transformation