OSLIST Digest - 18 May 2004 to 19 May 2004 (#2004-137)

Artur Silva arturfsilva at yahoo.com
Sat May 22 13:51:08 PDT 2004

--- averbuch <averbuch at post.tau.ac.il> wrote:

> could you tell me please how does one do a
> "digest form" request on the list?

Hi Tova:

Go to the adress bellow:

Click on "subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options"
and then change your option to one of the Digest
modes. If you have never consulted the Archives you
will need to create an account to get a psassword.

> Think it makes it much easier to handle, what is
> your experience?

I have been in digest mode during some days some
months ago. You will receive only one message a day,
but it is TOO BIG - some hundred Kbytes often.. This
is because subscribers don't know that many are in
Digest mode and how it works.

To be helpful to the people that receive the Digest
mode, one must quote only the small part of the
message that one is answering to, and then delete
EVERYTHING that is after your signature.

As a lot of people don't do that, you will read some
messages 10 times (after each message) before finding
the next one :-(((

Artur

PS: My dear Lisa, are you reading this ;-))