[Fwd: The Giving Conference - Chicago - July 9-11]

Chris Corrigan chris at chriscorrigan.com
Fri May 14 16:43:09 PDT 2004

Michael Herman wrote:

>   maybe chris will say more now, but
> either way, we will certainly report back with whatever results show up.

Hi folks:

I will say a few things more.  This conference is exciting to me because
it's all about offering what we have to give and making connections to
direct that effort towards something.  It certainly has its lineage in
the current work going on around the world with Practice of Peace, and
in fact, it's rooted in the very spirit in which Harrison offered OST to
all of us.

I'd love to see OST facilitators there because I think we bring
something very valuable to offer people who are motivated to create
networks and align resources towards action.  I have no idea what will
come of this conference in Chicago, but I am sure that if Open Space is
involved, then whatever we do will be widely replicable elsewhere.  It's
about finding the most efficient way to get people and resources
together to get down to work.

You can keep up with some of the thinking behind the conference by
visiting the weblog of our little movement at http://www.gifthub.org

If you can make it to Chicago in July, it'll be great to see you and
have you join the mix as we explore some seriously interesting
possibilities.

Cheers,

Chris

--