OST as an "halfway technology"

Winston Kinch kinch at rogers.com
Tue May 11 06:13:44 PDT 2004

Hi Paul:

Interesting thesis, well presented.

I agree that getting to the leader is critical - remember the venerable IBM
policy of "calling at the top"?

But are corporate organizations then exempt from complexity/chaos theory
and in particular the whole area of change and bifurcation? I realise I am
about to commit heresy but do they in fact NOT self organize? It would seem
that in your thesis the only way for an organization to evolve is by having
an evolved leader.

Hmmm. Interesting thought! Maybe the movie "The Corporation" has it
right... maybe the essential nature of the corporation is pathological and
must be transcended before we can make any real progress toward a "kindler
gentler" society...

What say you?
Winston